609 Jiu Jitsu Academy is all about providing the gift of “The Gentle Art” to every family, in every community. Jiu Jitsu has done so much for our instructors, our students, our families and friends that we insist upon spreading the good word to all that will hear it. The physical, mental, and spiritual changes as a result of Jiu Jitsu practice are rewarding and the resulting lifestyle is one of confidence, pride, and composure.
Jiu Jitsu has shown overwhelming effectiveness in MMA (mixed martial arts competition), and “no holds barred” competitions, but its true merits are most valuable during more common, everyday situations that we all face.
Jiu Jitsu is truly effective when it is used as a means to end an altercation, and not when it is used as a way to win a fight. In this day and age the longer you are engaged in a street altercation or aggressive situation, the greater the danger to you. You can be “winning” the fight and still get hurt or killed out of no-where.
Why Choose 609 Jiu Jitsu?
- 609 Jiu Jitsu is an Official Team Balance School.
- Team Balance is the top team in the north eastern United States.
- We’re experts in teaching beginners, trained by Helio Gracie, Relson Gracie and Phil Migliarese.
- We are highly recommended by professional fighters and average hobbyist.
- We’re trusted by all branches of the military, local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Rich’s instructor Phil Migliarese (the head of Team Balance) is among the highest ranked black belts in the US with more than 20 years experience.
- We have level specific programs for everyone, regardless of size, speed, or power.
- We make it easy and safe to learn BJJ, MMA, and Self Defense.
- We are constantly evolving our programs and evolving as teachers to best serve our students.